Bowling is a very interesting sport. It does not require that you be a professional to be able to play this game. However, there are etiquettes that should be considered when playing bowling so that bowlers will learn how to properly play the game and enjoy it at the same time. Here are a few bowling tips that need to be observed all times:
- The bowler should aware of who bowls first on the lanes. The general rule is that whoever is up first is the first bowler who should play but the players can negotiate on who well bowl first.
- The bowler should always be ready to bowl. Be prepared to take your turn – no unnecessary delays – the player will need to throw down the ball to the lanes and hit the pins just as soon as he is comfortable.
- It is important to show respect to other bowlers whether they are your teammates, opponents or even those who are playing in the lanes on either side of you. They should demonstrate sportsmanship at all times and they need to be considerate of the other players.
- The bowlers should also learn to observe the rules and guidelines set of the game and the bowling alley. Rules are there to keep bowlers safe and create healthy relationship with other bowlers. It is important that these rules be observed at all times.
- One guideline that should be observed is choosing and using the same ball throughout the game. This is one way of showing respect to other bowlers. It is not appropriate to pick a ball that is already being used by another bowler.
- Bowlers should allow a healthy competition among players by learning to compete with other players in a friendly way. They should cooperate with teammates by not wasting time during the game and participating eagerly in the game.
- Cleanliness and neatness is extremely important. Know where to throw the used drinking bottles or other food waste they accumulate. It is not proper to scatter all the leftovers in the lanes – use the trash receptacle. Towels should always be placed in/on their bags if not in use as a courtesy gesture to other players. These tips are very helpful in observing etiquette in every bowling alley. Bowling should be a venue for enjoyment and fun and observing these tips will allow every bowler to enjoy every game in every bowling alley.