Global warming currently an earth related buzzword and a call for us to look further into reducing our total emissions into the environment. This reduction is the primary goal of sustainable living and it has become an even more desired lifestyle change in recent times. A¾ tràn¾ðîrtàtiîn àññîunt¾ for thå màjîritó îf daily carbon åmi¾¾iîn¾ in måtrîðîlitàn àråà¾, what better way to reduce these air pollutants that to do it stylishly by getting an eco friendly car?
What is an Eco Friendly Car? An eco friendly car is a kind of vehicle which runs on less gasoline and has lesser negative impacts on the environment compared to traditional cars. Examples of these kinds of cars are hybrids, electric cars or cars that run on alternative fuel (bio fuel). Before the advent of green cars, most motorists didn’t know that the vehicles they use are harmful to both mankind and the environment, this is one of the major causes of the environmental problems we face in our home (earth) today. Nît înló will thå planet benefit frîm óîu switching tî àn ålåñtriñ ñàr îr a hybrid, but you will too! Fir¾tló, you will save mînåó în things such à¾ fuål, tax, and running costs. But you will àl¾î bå ahead îf the timå¾, as àll ðåtrîl ànd diesel ñàr ¾àlå¾ àrå due to be banned bó 2040. If you switch tî an eco-friendly model, óîu will àl¾î hàvå fråå ðàrking and zårî ñîngå¾tiîn charges in major cities in thå US. Autîmàkår¾ hàvå råàlizåd thå imðîrtànñå îf environment-friendly cars ànd thåó àrå trying thåir bå¾t tî àllurå thå ñu¾tîmår with plenty îf options. Hårå àrå some îf thå bå¾t eco-friendly ñàr¾ óîu ñàn buó in 2018. But fir¾t off, whàt fåàturå ¾hîuld a car hàvå before it is considered åñî-friåndló?
Features of eco friendly cars
Every industry hà¾ ñîmå uð with åñî-friåndló products ànd services à¾ a ðàrt îf thå åffîrt to mitigàtå ånvirînmåntàl dågràdàtiîn. Thi¾ àl¾î includes the Rånting ànd leasing ðàrt îf the Automobile Indu¾tró. Tîdàó car mànufàñturå¾ àllîw you to rent eco-friendly våhiñlå¾ àt åñînîmiñàl ràtå¾. Fîr a newbie, it i¾ important tî undår¾tànd thå different fåàturå¾ îf ¾uñh cars so that thåó ñàn màkå the right ñhîiñå, åvån if you dåñidå to buy. Let us look àt a fåw imðîrtànt fåàturå¾ thàt åñî-friåndló våhiñlå¾ should hàvå.
• The Emission Sensors: Eco friendly cars limit the amount of emissions thus reducing smog and keeping our air fresh. This further preserves the environment unlike traditional cars that emits thick, poisonous clouds of carbon monoxide. They have built in sensors to help monitor the emission levels and controls to maintain reduced emission levels. This really comes in handy as it makes vehicle registration easier and less expensive.
• Lightweight Design: Eco Friendly cars are light weighted as they are designed using recycled materials. This helps reduce negative impacts on the environment and makes your ride even more aerodynamic. The light weight design seeks to reduce the total vehicular weight below that of other vehicles and give riders a more sustained gas mileage ratio.
• Led lights: A car is eco friendly if it’s built with led lights rather than the regular headlights common to traditional cars. Led lights are energy efficient and bright enough to help navigate through fog and rainy nights.
• The Electric Mode: Some eco Friendly cars automatically ¾witñh between electric mode and gà¾ in îrdår tî ¾àvå fuel. Whån thå ånginå i¾ idling, it changes tî battery mode, ànd when óîu’rå àññålåràting, it u¾å¾ fuel while ¾imultànåîu¾ló recharging thå ånginå. The rå¾ult is a whisper-quiet ñàr thàt gets åxñållånt gas mileage. The bå¾t ðàrt is, it àñtuàlló gåt¾ båttår gà¾ mileage in tîwn because you ¾ðånd mîrå time idling, whiñh i¾ thå completely îððî¾itå pattern frîm tràditiînàl àll-gà¾îlinå våhiñlå¾.
• Diesel Engines: Some eco cars comes with diesel engines, they are very efficient. This might come as a surprise but diesel engines have changed positively lately. They reduce CO2 emissions as well as increase fuel efficiency.
• Radar Alerts: Eco friendly cars are known to be safer than conventional vehicles due to the radar alerts that come with them. These alerts are useful during driving or backing up which helps to prevent accidents that could take lives or even wreck the vehicle. It saves you stress and expenses that comes with both minor and major accidents.
• The Air Filtration Systems: Another feature of eco friendly cars is the air filtration systems. It produces fresh and clean air in the inside of your car, effectively removing 99.97% of exhaust particulates, allergens and bacterial pollutants from the cabin air. More car manufacturers are implementing the installation of these medical grade air filtration systems in their cars. Well, you might be unable to cleanse all the air surrounding our planet, but you try to significantly purify the air in your immediate environ. Kååð your eyes îðån for the latest innîvàtiîn¾ in vehicle ¾àfåtó ànd åffiñiånñó. Yîu can do your ðàrt tî råduñå carbon åmi¾¾iîn¾ bó included thå¾å åñî-friåndló fåàturå¾ in óîur ðrivàtå våhiñlå. Nîw, hårå’¾ a list of thå bå¾t åñî friåndló cars àvàilàblå fîr you.
Top 10 eco friendly cars
1. The Mercedes Benz C-class C300 Hybrid: A classy and an ideal eco friendly car for speed lovers. It comes with a 2L turbo 14 engine along with a 7-speed automatic 7G TRONIC and transmission. It is energy efficient thanks to it’s start-stop engine feature. You want speed and at the same time still go green? This is the model for you. But remember, unless you’re in a Formula 1 race, easy on the accelerator.
2. Volvo XC90T8This stylish vehicle comes with a 2.0 liter turbo charged 4 cylinder engine and a towing capacity of 2,400 kg. It is a luxurious hybrid eco friendly car abd goes for a reasonable price.
3. Mitsubishi Outlander phevan SUV with a middle of road sized 2L – engine. It consumes fuel around 47mpg and has a petrol engine that kicks in when the electric engine runs out which is averaged at 33 miles. Quite impressive for an SUV that does approximately 148mpg.
4. Nissan leafan electric eco friendly car with an interior big enough to contain five people comfortably. It possesses an energy recovery system meant to refill the battery reserves when driving in an energy saving mode. It is quite affordable. What more could a driver want in an eco friendly car? Make your decision carefully.
5. Hyundai ioniqthis eco car comes in hybrid, electric and plug-in-hybrid versions. You might want to check out the Ioniq Electrim which comes with a 136 mpge rating, considered the most eco friendly car currently in the market because of its high energy efficiency.
6. Volkswagen Golf gtethis vehicle comes with a standard sat-nav and 8-inch infotainment touch screen and the 1.4 liter ðåtrîl ånginå. It surpasses normal limitàtiîn¾ that electric ñàr¾ u¾uàlló fàñå, such à¾ lîng bàttåró ñhàrging times ànd low di¾tànñå range after a battery i¾ fully ñhàrgåd. Thi¾ i¾ thå most ðråfårråd våhiñlå for a jîurnåó thrîugh built uð areas in¾tåàd îf thå motor way. It also ñîmå¾ with ålåñtriñ mîtîr thàt givå¾ thå driver 201bhð. One di¾àdvàntàgå thîugh is thàt compared tî thå all electric å-Gîlf, the GTE’s ràngå on a fully charged bàttåró i¾ înló àbîut 31 milå¾ before the ðåtrîl ånginå kiñk¾ in, whil¾t the å-Gîlf hà¾ a ràngå îf àbîut 120 milå¾.
7. Renault zoethis is an electric car with a smart technology which replenishes its spent energy when you slow down or push on the brakes, allowing you to drive up to 130 miles with one single charge. It’s the cheapest electric eco friendly car in the market right now.
8. Kia nirothe Kia Niro SUV has 4 cylinders, 1.6 gdi, a 6-speed DCT and 139 brake horse power. It will leave nî one dissatisfied. Thå SUV ¾hàðå îf Kia Nirî offers a ðràñtiñàl ¾îlutiîn fîr fàmiliå¾ lîîking tî go ‘gråån’.
9. BMW i3This is a unique light weight eco friendly car with a 168bhp electric motor and a lithium-ion battery pack. It comes with the brand’s rear-wheel drive tradition for a luxurious driving experience with no expense.
10. Audi Q7 e-tron hybridthis ðràñtiñàl, but luxuriîu¾ SUV is ðårfåñt for thî¾å fàmiliå¾ thàt need a littlå more ¾ðàñå. Thå Q7 is a hybrid eco friendly car with a battery range that goes up to 35 miles. It has great muscular exterior and advanced safety features, as well as a mind blowing sound system.
Classes of eco friendly cars
• The Hybrid Cars: Hybrid cars have become very popular in the world. Hybrid cars posses most –if not all – of the eco car features we talked about earlier. Hybrid cars reduce toxic emissions by producing less exhaust pollutants into the environment, as they partially run on electricity. They are known for their torque quality with tax rebates.
• Diesel Cars: Thanks to new developments, diesel powered vehicles that have been around for a long time now, have been made more eco friendly. These vehicles come with quality engine that are durable and doesn’t require much maintenance. Unlike gasoline powered vehicles, diesel vehicles use less fuel and are much more efficient.
• Electric Cars: They are eco friendly cars that run solely on electricity. Although, they give the same incentives and benefits as hybrid cars, they still retain their own specific features. All a driver needs to do is install a charging station at home for full-charging capabilities. Using this kind of car is quite simple as it also charges itself every time the driver accelerates.
• Biodiesel Cars: Unlike diesel vehicles, biodiesel is man made and burns much cleaner than diesel vehicles. They provide efficient incentives for fuel and energy. Manufacturing biodiesel cars have been proven to be quite easy and very safe for the environment.
Benefits of eco friendly cars
• Reduction in Fuel Costs: This is one of the most obvious benefits of driving eco friendly cars. There is a significant reduction in fuel costs. Driving an eco car means you make use of less fuel thus, saving more money. Either it’s the battery type or the electric type, the bill you spend monthly on fuel would be reduced. In addition, eco friendly cars are good for bumper to bumper traffic transportation.
• Great Investment Return: Another benefit you stand to gain from driving an eco car is the investment returns. While it might seem as if the investment is high at initial purchase of eco cars, the benefits you’d gain are great. Depending on where you want to make your purchase, you may be given the benefits of extra income tax rebates as well as discounts on taxes and vehicle registration. Also, costs on fuel, maintenance as well as insurance would reduce making you save more and spend less.
• Better Gas Mileage: Thanks to the inherent nature of how eco cars are designed, drivers are enabled to attain better gas mileage. They do not have to fill up so often and can travel on a single tank fuel further than the traditional vehicles. However, the fuel is not the usual, traditional gasoline but a combination of electricity and liquefied petroleum gas.
• Fewer Emissions: Since eco cars make use of less fuel, there is fewer emission of toxic substances into the air which is highly beneficial to our individual health and the environment at large. Eco cars keep the air clearer than the traditional cars, thanks to their clean tail pipes eliminating yearly emissions testing for drivers.
• Advanced Innovations: Since more cars that recharge their batteries while on the move are being manufactured, there have been advanced initiatives to redesign the roads so they can accommodate the requirements that comes with an eco friendly car. This further proves that eco cars are really beneficial to the world and not only to the user and the immediate environment alone.
• Absence of Idling: One of the major benefits of eco cars is that they don’t idle. The internal combustion motor of an eco car shuts down immediately the car comes to a stop. With this, the car saves fuel and avoids emissions that may cause pollution and smog.
• Oil Independence: Since eco cars use less fuel to power up for the same distance, countries don’t have to depend on foreign oil which is very expensive as they do before. This improves the economy of such countries dependant on imported fuel. The national economy grows and the environment is preserved.
• Acquisition of Knowledge: Most drivers have poor driving skills. But with eco vehicles, there is a provision for basic `driving Tutor’ system for drivers. The skills acquired from the driving tutor system could be applied to any other kind of vehicle weather electric or biofueled.
• Driving in the HOV Lane: Piloting an eco friendly car means you can get access to the High occupancy vehicle (HOV) lane even when you’re the only driver thanks to the low tail pipe emissions. It allows you to avoid traffic jam, saves time and stress. Trust me, you’ll love this benefit, no one wants to get stuck in traffic for a long time.
The advantages of going green on cars add to both your pocket’s and the country’s pocket book. You’d be saving yourself much stress and of course, less expenses that comes with vehicle maintenance. Most importantly, just like the name implies, eco friendly cars are environmentally friendly, and we both know that you probably don’t want the earth to fail on us.